Inside Region 17

Region 17
Fall Meeting

September 30, 2017
Edmonton, AB

News & Views

Agenda is posted on the Regional Meeting webpage

Promote the breed and your club with the help of these Promotion Ideas

Corporate Sponsor

Welcome to Region 17

CLICK HERE to download minutes from the Region 17 Fall Meeting


Watch CTV News segment on trainer Carla Jackson!

Directory ads are due November 17, 2017.

High Point entries are December 31, 2017.

Congrats to ARIANNA BELL, recipient of the 2017 Youth Bursary

Saddle Seat Canada Board is excited to invite applications for the 2018 Saddle Seat Equitation World Cup to be held in Lexington, Kentucky from July 9 – 14, 2018!

World Cup applicants must be: 14 years of age by the first practice ride of that year of the World Cup Competition; must be a Canadian citizen; possess a valid Canadian passport; possess a current Amateur Equine Canada Sport License; possess the applicable provincial association membership and have a current SSC membership.
CLICK HERE to download the application form.

Go to to see an alert for Equine Infectious Anemia in Red Deer County, Alberta, Canada.

Click here for the Region 17 Spring Director's Report.

Select Stallion Auction & Futurity Report - April 2017 Update

  • Details on the 2016 Auction, 2017 Auction, and Futurity classes at the Region 17 Regional Show

Equestrian Canada Rules Section A Article A 213 Exemptions -
EC Sport Licenses

  • Foreign competitors are not required to hold EC Sport Licenses provided they are members in good standing of another national federation recognized by the FEI.
  • Exception: Any riders competing in EC and ECT medal classes must hold an EC Sport License.
  • Canadians are not permitted to compete within Canada using a United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) membership. Canadians must purchase the appropriate EC Sport License in order to compete at an EC sanctioned competition in Canada.
  • Canadians showing in the US as amateurs are only required to sign the USEF amateur affidavit; there is no charge for this. Please contact USEF.